100 things to do while stuck indoors on lockdown!
As events are cancelled, venues close, public places close their doors, shops close, sporting events are cancelled, foreign travel banned, schools are closed and tourist hot spots are shut down, What’s there to do while stuck indoors? We’ve compiled 100 suggestions to help make your lockdown time fun and interesting – and perhaps life transforming!
1. Complete a jigsaw or puzzle: Puzzles are great for brain training and come in so many forms – how about a giant jigsaw, a Rubik’s Cube, wordsearch, sudoku or Crossword puzzle?
2. Start a journal. It’s a great way of getting everything off your chest, it can be about the coronavirus, your life or even directed to someone but it’s a diary that’s never seen or read by anyone else!
3. Learn an instrument – If it doesn’t bother your neighbours why not play a few strings and strike a few chords
4. Make peace with friends and family – if there is anything we’ve learnt from Coronavirus is life is too precious and it feels great to make peace if you’ve fallen out with someone!
5. Write – blogs, autobiographies, poetry. We all have a story to tell even if it’s just for our family! Just try it!
6. Box sets and movies – make a list of all the box sets you want to catch up on and really long movies and veg out on the sofa for a tvfest!
7. Learn a language – If you’ve always wanted to learn a new language, here’s your chance! Babble is a great app to start learning!
8. Reading – it’s the most relaxing pass time and helps to slow the brain and reduce stress. Whatever you enjoy – read it cover to cove and review it on Facebook to inspire your friends!
9. Meditation and mindfulness – there are amazing guided meditations on YouTube to follow by Louise Hay, Deepak Chopra, Ekhart Tohle and others so lie down with your eyes closed, palms up and while focusing on your breath whilst those soothing words slow down your thinking and calm your mind!
10. Affirmations – can’t stop the negative thoughts about Coronavirus? Pick an affirmation that helps to boost your immunity just by what you say to it!
11. Indoor Aerobics – squeeze into that lycra and do a virtual class! Everyone’s offering them – there’s so many options to choose from
12. Go to the Med in your mind – create the most amazing meze for dinner from what you have in your and cupboard and sip it with a glass of something bubbly – close your eyes and go on holiday!
13. Learn a new skill – there are so many lessons on-line of weird and wonderful skills you can pick up, circus poi, belly dancing, baking, cooking, jewellery-making, knitting – you can target yourself with a new skill a week
14. Learn whilst teaching the kids – forgotten the difference between sin, cosine and tangent ? home school yourself whilst teaching the children!
15. Dance – whether its on the wi, karaoke or just whilst watching MTV, groove to the tunes of your favourite track and get those hips moving!
16. Board Games – spend time with the family if you’re not self-isolating to play a board game for hours of fun and laughter!
17. Catch up on your favourite soap – go on have a binge afternoon on the sofa under a duvet
18. Organise – have a spring clean! Tackle a cupboard a day! Organize your Tupperware so that the lids match the containers, get a charity box ready of old stuff
19. Go through that Wardrobe and de-clutter – try on all your clothes and be ruthless! Serve that 6 month rule to anything you haven’t worn and get those clothes bank bags ready
20. Get those green fingers gardening – its spring and a lovely time to grow things in the house and garden!
21. Cook something new – whether you dream to be Nigella or Jamie show off your culinary skills with a new dish or cooking skill you’ve never tried!
22. The smell of fresh bread – MMMmmmm – there’s nothing more relaxing than bread making by hand and then diving into a warm loaf with a big helping of butter!
23. Oscars Night – catch up on all those Bafta and Oscar winning films that you only manage to watch on a flight!
24. TikTok – create an exercise or dance routine on TikTok and shed those pounds
25. Video diaries – share great news via videos and Facebook with friends and family.
26. Teach online – do you have a great skill that you can share with the world? Maybe its make-up? Skincare? Alternative remedies? Clever Hacks? Whatever it is be proud and share them with the word?
27. Help the most vulnerable – offer your assistance to someone who needs help shopping, cooking and cleaning
28. Start a project – Knit or crochet a scarf for a friend or relative who will love something that’s so personal
29. Video Calls – Use Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or zoom with your long-distance friends and family
30. Organise those toiletries – Let’s face it, we are all guilty of half empty, finished cosmetics and toiletries in our bathroom and handbags – here’s your chance to clear it out
31. Paint a portrait – Learn how to draw and paint – start off with your plant, then a person and who knows there could be a Van Gogh in you! Its so therapeutic!
32. Pull out those smelly salts and candles and take a long bubble bath to soothe the day away
33. Make a classic cocktail, from negronis to Manhattans and aperol spritzes. Don’t forget the garnish.
34. Adult Colouring books – so fashionable as a way to reax and concentrate adult painting books are just so much fun
35. Take time to reflect – What goals are you setting for yourself when we all get back to normality? What do you most wish to achieve in your life? What are you going to do less of? Get writing and make that change
36. Book of wishes – create your very own book or dreams and wishes of what you want to create in your life and watch those thoughts become things as you write them down and start believing that you have them!
37. Get Handy – fix those niggly things you put off every weekend – pull out the toolbox and get the house summer ready with your DIY skills
38. Family Fun – Turn your living room into a sleepover for the kids with all blankets, popcorn and movies.
39. Moisturise those hands – after washing your hands every hour, they become dry and wrinkly – get moisturising and looking after your hands and nails!
40. Pilates and Yoga – stretch those muscles and lengthen those limbs with a Pilates or Yoga workout
41. Old fashioned games – teach your kids old fashioned games lie hopscotch, cat’s cradle and others for hours of fun
42. Learn how to change your hair style – hair ups, pinned up, buns and plaits
43. Design your family tree – there are so many Apps such as DNA Ancestry and My Heritage to help you to create your family tree and leave a piece of history
44. Create History – Interview your parents and grandparents over the phone and save the audio about their life in the good old days
45. Clear your phone – go through your camera roll and delete downloads and images to give the phone some space again
46. Make a collage – pick out those favourite pics of each member your family and friends and make a photo / scrap book of them
47. Calender it – request everyone send their birthdates and create a family calendar so you never miss a date!
48. Gratefulness exercises – Make a list of things for which you are grateful and remind yourself of them every morning and every night
49. Cocktail masterclass – raid the drinks cupboard and create the most delectable cocktails to devour!
50. Money Saving Ideas – if you’re not making money, you can save money! review your finances and look at where you can save money, cut costs and refinance to save more money.
51. Freezer suppliers – batch cook every night so you have Tupperware containers of food on the days you feel lazy!
52. Save food – freeze foods near their use by date so that you can pull them out to reduce your social interaction at supermarkets and local shops
53. Support retail – Buy a gift cards from your favorite businesses to help keep them in business while we lockdown.
54. Review your diet – always feel you don’t have time to review your own eating habits to get more healthy? well write a food diary and create your own diet plan to start a new way of living whilst you have the chance!
55. Write a book with your children – Pick a character and each member writes a chapter about their adventures everyday whilst self-isolating
56. Family Competitions – How about getting the family to have fun with cleaning competitions, Scrabble tournaments to teach new words, cooking competitions
57. Organise that shoe cupboard – get rid of old footwear with a clear out of the shoe cupboard
58. What’s in that Garage stays in that Garage! Not now you could get ready for that next car boot sale by organising your old stuff and garage antiques!
59. Share a videocall – get all the family sharing a video call with the grand parents to make their day
60. Volunteer – if you are fit and well, why not volunteer to help those in need, the NHS or neighbours who can’t get out whilst following government guidelines!
61. Write your CV – have you been putting off writing that CV for your next job. Here’s your chance! There’s lots of resources on-line to make sure you shine when you finally apply for that dream job!
62. Write a letter or card to your loved ones. Its personal, its old fashioned and its just so heart-warming!
63. Clear up that computer – put your affairs in order on your PC by organising and filing documents into folders and subjects
64. If your drier always chews up one sock and you have a drawer full of mismatches – rearrange your sock drawer – it will save hours in the long run
65. Create a list of countries you want to visit when you are finally allowed to travel
66. Days Out – make a plan of all the museums, sporting events and concerts you want to visit when they finally reopen.
67. Teach your pet new tricks – spend an hour teaching your dog new tricks for an hour of stress relief
68. Rearrange your furniture to make it seem like your home is a totally different space.
69. Learn card tricks – Practice shuffling playing cards and learning new card tricks like the pro’s do
70. Organize your spice cabinet in order of how often you use them!
71. Clear the garden – clean the garden and make it summer ready for when we can finally enjoy a beer on the sun lounger!
72. Do sums in your head – relying too much on the calculator or phone. Start adding up sums in your head, the old fashioned way!
73. Home school – create a school environment for the kids, it provides great structure and ensures that they don’t get into bad habits
74. Catch up on snoozing – catch up on your zzzz’s by going to sleep early. Its good for your physical and mental health
75. Organise your paperwork – if you are terrible at least unopened mail and bills at the bottom of the stairs, here’s the time to put everything in order in a folder so its easily accessible and you start to understand more about your personal affairs as well as throwing away all that junk mail
76. Learn a new style of dance via YouTube, from bhangra, belly dancing, strictly ballroom to breaking dancing
77. Update or write your will and organize your affairs. Its morbid but let’s face it. It’s a task many of us avoid because we put it off, now we have the time, its great to be organised
78. Create a space for circuit training with the family to get that blood pumping
79. Bring out the Lego and have a family competition of building the most realistic structure!
80. Birdwatch in your garden – create a haven in your garden for birds to feed and see if you can identify all the spring birds that are cheeping at the moment
81. Covid beards are a thing! Grow it, moisturize it, groom it, love it.
82. Learn how to be ambidextrous by doing things with your other hand, from writing to brushing your teeth. Its great training!
83. Do some breathing exercises – in times of stress we are not aware that we don’t breathe properly with many of us who shallow breath. Become conscious of your breath and fill your lungs and body with oxygen
84. Attempt things with your non-dominant hand, from writing to brushing your teeth. Prepare to be frustrated.
85. listen to your favourite podcasts whilst doing the cleaning – catch up on your favourite podcasts or enhance your knowledge through Tedtalks with bitesize teachings
86. Memorise your favourite song for a family sing song night – make it a game so you start a song which begins with the last letter of the last song!
87. Organise all your photos and memories into an album or a memory box if you find yourself finding cards and photo’s at the bottom of every draw
88. Learn Magic – show off your party skills when we all celebrate the end of lockdown by learning some magic tricks
89. Deep moisturise for hair – use coconut and almond oil the night before for a deep cleansing hair treatment for those long locks
90. Learn Feng Shui – the house can become filled with lots of mixed energy and emotions as you are constantly in the house. Learn about how Feng Shui can help to maintain good energy in the house
91. Make people laugh – create a skit, tell jokes and do something silly! Keep the atmosphere light with happiness and laughter
92. Donate to Food Bans – If you are able to help families struggling to get meals, there are charities and supermarkets where you can donate to food banks
93. Learn a new word and use it in a sentence each day – why not pick up a dictionary and learn a new word that you can understand the meaning of to stretch those muscles in the head
94. Learn a champion board game – master a classic game of chess or draughts for long games with a whisky through the night
95. Slow down – we all move at a million miles an hour normally. We don’t have a choice but to slow down right now. Enjoy a new pace of living!
96. Create a quiet space and haven in the house for when it gets too much – breath, listen to music, light candles and enjoy happy thoughts so that you can get back to the rest of the gang, a happier person
97. Make a list of all the good points about your partner and read them aloud so that they know you appreciate them!
98. Random acts of kindness – help a neighbour, help someone understand their rights whilst we are all off, do more in the house, say nice things to family and friends. Being kind increases your feeling of well-being!
99. Pretend you’re at school again – imagine this lockdown as being at home in the school holidays and enjoy every minute of being at home as its probably been a long time since you had this time to do nothing, something and everything!
100. Live in the present – we are all living in uncertain times and it’s a great time to learn not to dwell on the past or think of the future. Just enjoy hear and now
Happy Self isolating all!
Our response to Coronavirus (Covid-19)
To all our customers and followers
We wanted to let you know of some of the measures we have taken in light of the COVID-19 outbreak and to assure you of our commitment to continue supporting our clients during this difficult time and as the country starts to recover from this crisis. The health, wellbeing and safety of our customers, our staff and other suppliers we work with is of paramount importance and we will continue to follow the latest guidance to ensure we maximise our efforts in containing the spread in any environment we work in.
Business Continuity Plan
The Events and Hospitality Industry has been exceptionally hard hit by the Covid-19 outbreak and the impact of cancellations of events and gatherings has been immense but health and safety remains our priority and we are following national guidance in a responsible manner and have implemented our Business Continuity Plan in the following way.
Some of the measures we have taken
- Issued NHS guidance to all our staff members on following basic hygiene measures.
- Increased and intensified cleaning procedures around workspaces and offices.
- Supporting staff feel unwell.
- Implementation of remote working for all staff.
- Non-essential business travel suspension.
- Cancellation of non-essential face-to-face meetings and presentations until further notice.
Our commitment to clients
We live in unprecedented circumstances and we are committed to continuing to support our clients and we are confident that the measures we have taken to mitigate the risk (as much as possible) will be effective. We are confident there will be no change to the service levels we are currently offering. Customers who have booked or looking to book our services can be confident that we will honour any bookings at an agreed later date that have to be postponed due to Covid-19. However, we also recognise the uncertainty many businesses are facing and would like to reassure you of our commitment to your business and are already in discussions with many customers about recovery and continuity once the severity of this crisis reduces.
Immersive Internal Events
Looking for something immersive?
The Eventologists Team have created a really exciting new product range to help companies organise internal events this quarter
We have recently seen an increase in demand for theming for smaller and on-site events and share some examples from clients already seeing substantial benefits of changing spaces to engage and interact better with employees. Internal events are held in all sorts of shapes and sizes in boardrooms, canteens, at the desk, in open spaces, in awkward spaces! With the emergence of immersive and experiential events, even internal events are looking at how to create more impact when communicating with internal departments and teams. Our customers positively talk about their experience in theming and dressing spaces and the change in employee engagement. They often recite recall, feel good factor, better interpretation of strategy and greater understanding of key messages.
From Warehouse work spaces and breakouts and boardrooms, we create options to transform the space to match themes, strategies and objectives of the meeting! With a great selection of products from furniture for hire, funky furniture for hire, exciting entrance features, social media walls, installations such as charging tables and artificial trees!
If you have an internal meeting that you are planning and wish to energise it or want to do something different, please do call us and we will be happy to brainstorm ideas that may inspire!
We are currently offering a promotional offer on Internal events, to transform any internal working space, from open plan offices, meeting rooms, canteens and many more.
Raise the bar!
Do you want to raise the bar?
Whether you want a cool refreshing beer, a gorgeously cheeky cocktail or a simple yet
sophisticated glass of red, where do you go to get it? The bar of course! Bars not only
complete a theme, but they have that power to add the special vavavoom to your event and
keep the drinks flowing. Our Mobile Bar Hire works really well to create that swanky bar to
serve your drinks from and adds that finishing touch to your event.
Since it’s scientifically proven that sight influences our perception of taste, our ability to
create stunning bespoke bars will be sure to keep not just you and your guest’s eyes happy,
but your taste buds too. Coming in all shapes and sizes, we’ll ensure that your drinks will be
served from the best-looking bar possible, tailored specially for your event and theme.
We review the 10 most popular bar ideas for 2020 events:
1. Tiki Bar Hire
Say ‘Aloha’ to this fun installation of a tiki bar or bamboo bar, perfect for a summer themed
or tropical themed party. Dress it with colourful lanterns or flower garlands to complete the
exotic vibes, sip on yummy cocktails and escape to your perfect paradise.
2. Rustic Bar Hire
With its no-frills yet sophisticated style, a rustic bar may be your preference. How you
decide to adorn it depends on the theme you want to go for – no coasters or napkins, that
welcomes whiskey spills and tarnishes, calls out to Old West saloon vibes perfect for a Wild
West Theme. Or, stock your rustic bar with blushing rosé and florals for a Mediterranean
3. LED or Light Up Bar Hire
Perhaps you are looking for a light up bar for a neon themed event or an ice themed event.
Our cool LED bar works with any theme but is especially popular for a winter theme. Match
the colour of your LED lights to suit your colour scheme and theme, such as a cool blue for a
wintery ambience or funky multicolours for a fun, festival vibe.
4. Silver Mirror Bar Hire
For a stylish addition to any event, why not consider a stunning Silver Mirror Bar? These are
ideal for events either during the day or at night, since they reflect both natural and artificial
lights splendidly. A silver mirror bar reflecting cool blue lights would create a wonderful, icy
atmosphere for a winter themed event or add the dazzling finishing touch to a classy black
and white themed event.
5. Gold Mirror Bar Hire
Go for gold with our Gold Mirror Bar, perfect for a Hollywood theme, Burlesque theme, or
any other theme that is all about glitz, glamour and elegance. This statement piece will be
sure to capture your guest’s attention and leave a lasting impression, not to mention add that
extra touch of luxury that will be ensure your event will be a winner.
6. Living Wall Bar Hire
Add the enchantment to your enchanted woodland theme by hiring a Living Wall Bar at your
event, ideal for adding another dynamic that will not only create a visual impact but also a
healthy atmosphere. With our Living Wall Bars, you’ll be able to bring the outdoors indoors
no matter the weather or season.
7. Pallet Bar Hire
Perhaps you’re looking for a Pallet Bar for a festival themed event or a summer themed
event. Our Pallet Bars are excellent for bringing a crafty touch to any theme and adding a
sense of the outdoors indoors. Complete the look with our pallet seating and be all ready to
camp out with your drinks and enjoy the festival spirit.
8. Chesterfield Bar Hire
Our Chesterfield Bar will provide a stunning and luxurious addition to your event with its
quilted leather panels, smooth countertop and high-quality finish. Our Chesterfield Bars will
look great with any theme but would especially add the right touch to all themes that require
luxury and glamour.
9. Branded Bar Hire
If you require something a bit more personal, our Branded Bars are perfect for adding that
practical touch to your event. Sleek and simple to support whatever aims for your event,
Branded Bars are ideal for product launches, brand activation and campaign imagery.
10. Themed Bar Hire
For themes that are out of this world original and require specific tailoring, our bespoke
themed bars are custom-made specially to match your theme. Create the perfect bar to match
your Harry Potter themed event, Alice in Wonderland themed event, 80’s style or something
completely different. Whatever the theme, you can be sure that our Themed Bar will be
exciting and unique.
To find out more, please speak to one of our Event Experts today.
I wished to get in touch to say thank you for providing the centrepieces for the Gloucestershire Live Business Awards and working with us within our budget at such short notice. I also wanted to let you know that your staff was a pleasure to work with. Very friendly, professional and had the room setup with plenty of time to spare before guests arrived. Please pass on my thanks.Louise Symonds, Regional Events Manager
I just wanted to drop a note to formally thank you for pulling out all of the stops for our Christmas Social – the Peaky Blinders theme went down a storm and it looked UNREAL! The decor, props, bespoke items and attention to detail really made the event last night. As ever, you and the team were complete professionals and a dream to work with. Huge thanks and appreciation, I look forward to the next event already!Clair Stevens, Communications Manager
The room looked fab and we received some great comments. It was great to work with you again and it makes things run smoothly when we can rely on you and your team to get the job done. Gives peace of mind.Sharon Bone, Events Manager
WOW, went to an event done by these guys and I was blown away. They transformed a banquet hall into something out of a fairytale. The staff are very friendly and professional. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.Amish Thakrar, Marketing Manager
Thank you to you and your team for all your help and support with the table theming for our UK 60-Year Anniversary celebration last night. Right from the very beginning, everything was so very professional and easy. The tables, gifts and award were absolutely fabulous and really added to the whole ambience of the evening, and I have had many wonderful comments about them from our visitors.Lesley Young, Marketing Communications Manager