Hosting any type of Corporate events – hints and tips
Hosting a Corporate event is intrinsic to the success of any company’s strategy whether that be the AGM for employees, a showcase for customers.. an Awards Dinner, a product launch or quite simply an excuse for a Company celebration…Corporate Events will always add value in terms of promoting the business internally and externally, as well as reinforcing brand values and corporate messages.
There are an incredible array of considerations, some more vital than others in hosting an amazing, memorable corporate event such as Venue, appropriate/on brand theme or styling, content, food, atmosphere and of course Audi Visual and entertainment. Each week, let us share our expertise, talent and flair in providing hints, tips and some real ‘pearls of wisdom’ about some of these aspects.
This week – let’s talk entertainment!
Entertainment can make or break a corporate event and making the most of any act, show or performer can be hugely beneficial. It can truly end up (if you wish it) to be the talking point of the entire event. Good corporate entertainment can leave guests with a memorable experience and reinforce a company’s image, brand and corporate message. Good entertainment can even attract publicity and within the Social Media world we all live in, it will filter through all sorts of communication channels and could even become viral.
Choosing the Right Entertainment
As Corporate event specialists we will first have to take a few factors into consideration when ensuring the entertainment is suitable for the event:
• Determine age, social background and sex of audience in general – naturally choose entertainment accordingly. A tribute to ‘Take That’ or ‘Michael Jackson’ may be suitable for a corporate family day event, but not for a conservative dinner!
• Venue size and location is a factor that many event planners and organisers forget. This is vital as it will play a part in deciding whether or not you can have that aerial entertainment or fire breathers or whether you just want a great set of entertainers to create atmosphere and buzz and to simply mix and mingle.
• Cost? Do you have a strict budget that you have to work within, or is money not a problem? The amount of budget a company is prepared to allocate towards entertainment will affect the options available.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Corporate Entertainment
There are plenty of acts and performers geared towards the corporate entertainment market, ensuring that businesses ‘stand out’. But to get the most out of your corporate entertainment you must ensure:
• You pursue a ‘wow’ factor or unique entertainment idea that will impress guests and guarantee your event is talked about.
• If the entertainment you require is for an exhibition or trade stand, that the acts or performers you book will increase footfall and draw guests to your stand.
• You use entertainment that reinforces the corporate identity or can be branded to showcase the logo.
• You are aware of the latest entertainment trends to appear ahead of the game/up to date.
Corporate event planners must keep a few key points in mind to ensure that their event is a success.
The best entertainment is interactive and immersive to ensure a truly theatrical experience, and this will go a long way towards creating an amazing memory for the audience.
I wished to get in touch to say thank you for providing the centrepieces for the Gloucestershire Live Business Awards and working with us within our budget at such short notice. I also wanted to let you know that your staff was a pleasure to work with. Very friendly, professional and had the room setup with plenty of time to spare before guests arrived. Please pass on my thanks.Louise Symonds, Regional Events Manager
I just wanted to drop a note to formally thank you for pulling out all of the stops for our Christmas Social – the Peaky Blinders theme went down a storm and it looked UNREAL! The decor, props, bespoke items and attention to detail really made the event last night. As ever, you and the team were complete professionals and a dream to work with. Huge thanks and appreciation, I look forward to the next event already!Clair Stevens, Communications Manager
The room looked fab and we received some great comments. It was great to work with you again and it makes things run smoothly when we can rely on you and your team to get the job done. Gives peace of mind.Sharon Bone, Events Manager
WOW, went to an event done by these guys and I was blown away. They transformed a banquet hall into something out of a fairytale. The staff are very friendly and professional. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.Amish Thakrar, Marketing Manager
Thank you to you and your team for all your help and support with the table theming for our UK 60-Year Anniversary celebration last night. Right from the very beginning, everything was so very professional and easy. The tables, gifts and award were absolutely fabulous and really added to the whole ambience of the evening, and I have had many wonderful comments about them from our visitors.Lesley Young, Marketing Communications Manager